By completing this module you will increase your knowledge of the 7 Key Principles for early intervention and learn what the principles look like and don't look like. You will also gain knowledge and access to resources that will help you support and partner with families in early intervention.
Minor edits have been made to the module based on feedback gathered from online participants. One of these edits was the development of a 'Learner's Guide" for this module. This is a place for learners to take notes and document their reflections if they choose to keep a record of the responses they submit in the interactive module.
Click here to view the recording.
This module was created by a workgroup formed through DEC. This workgroup is comprised of members with extensive experience developing and delivering early intervention training whose focus is to utilize existing online resources to build an online universal core curriculum of quality early intervention practices. This workgroup formed out of a community of practice known as the Early Intervention-Early Childhood Professional Development Community of Practice (EI-EC PD CoP) whose common interest is around online learning and professional development opportunities for early interventionist.
Contributors: A special thanks goes out to the organizations that have contributed personnel time and resources towards the development of a universal core curriculum of quality early intervention practices. Contributing organizations include:
- Delaware Health and Social Services Birth to 3 Early Intervention System
- Department of Defense (DOD) Educational and Developmental Intervention Service (EDIS)
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance (ECTA) Center
- Early Intervention Training Program (EITP) at the University of Illinois
- Montana Milestones/Part C Early Intervention Program Community Services Bureau/DDP
- Texas Part C Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Services
- Virginia Early Intervention Professional Development (VEIPD)