The Early Childhood Technical Assistance (ECTA) Center and The Center for IDEA Early Childhood Data Systems (DaSy) developed an online learning module that provides key information about the Child Outcomes Summary (COS) process, and the practices that contribute to consistent and meaningful COS decision-making. This online module is designed for Early On and Preschool Special Education and it is suggested that participants complete this module before attending a face to face Birth to Five Child Outcomes training.
Over the course of multiple sessions, participants will learn:
- Session 1: Why child outcomes data are collected;
- Session 2: The key features of the COS process;
- Session 3: The essential knowledge needed to complete the COS process;
- Session 4: How the three child outcomes are measured through the process;
- Session 5: How to identify accurate COS ratings using a team-based process;
- Session 6: The importance of comparing children's current functional performance to age-expected functioning;
- Session 7: When and how to measure progress in the three child outcome areas; and
- Session 8: How to document ratings and evidence to support those ratings in COS determination.
The module is self-paced, so you may access it as often as desired.